Monday, November 13, 2006

Winding down the semester

It's the week before Thanksgiving, unbelievably. Which means four more weeks of classes, and then finals week. Ack! Where did the time disappear to! I have many things yet to be done this semester, including needing to finish writing an article as well as the class prep. And Thanksgiving will be eaten by a trip to Seattle to my father-in-law; not that I mind terribly visiting him or anything, but I hate traveling for that holiday. It's always immensely crowded and busy at the airports and it makes getting needed work finished terribly difficult.

*sighs* I'll manage, of course, but suddenly my schedule seems far busier than I would like!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes, I dislike traveling at Thanksgiving as well. Can you take your work/do you take your work with you? For some reason by the end of October things just start flying through the year. Too much to do and not enough time to do it. Good luck!

Dr. Moonbeam said...

It's hard to take work with me; I can take my laptop computer, and often do, but I generally find it very difficult to find any time to actually *use* it and do the work even if I bring it along. So pretty much I have to either get ahead or catch up afterward, or both.

Sarah said...

I always liked to bring my work with me when I was teaching (granted, it was a different level of grading!) but I rarely did it. It just felt so familiar to have the ability to procrastinate at all times.

jo(e) said...

How did it get to be November already? I swear, the semester just began a few weeks ago ....

Dr. Moonbeam said...

Not only November, but MID-November. Argh!