Friday, December 8, 2006

Bad and good

So, I've been kind of bad in not posting here very much, partly from the end-of-semester business and partly because I've done a lot of posting elsewhere. In the holiday season I write drabbles (little 100-word pieces of fiction) by request for online friends, and this year I've written 26 of them which I'm posting one per day this month. So that's the good thing, to be giving something that I hope makes the recipient happy.

Today I need to finish wrapping some gifts so I can mail them off Saturday morning, if possible. Once I've finished teaching (last day, hurrah) I'll dash home to do that, because my spouse's departmental holiday party is tonight and I said I'd go. It's a bit of a pain to make an extra 3-hour round trip for that, but at least he's driving. We also need to write our holiday letter this weekend, and I want to buy and put up the tree; three weeks or so is long enough to have one for me (it comes down on January 1), so I hadn't done it earlier, and I don't have any class prep now of course so there's time to buy and decorate.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad to know what you have been up to. We also don't have our tree up but will do it tonight (we have an artificial one to save the real ones) because I have 2 dozen people coming over tomorrow for a cookie exchange. Ahh!! Hope that you enjoy your break from teaching and enjoy the season!

Dr. Moonbeam said...

That's some serious cookie exchanging! Hope it's fun!

I've just never liked artificial trees, so we always get real ones. I want the smell of it, you know?

Sarah said...

yes, the smell is good...do you cut one down?

Dr. Moonbeam said...

No, we buy one that's already cut. I suppose there might be local Christmas tree farms, but it doesn't seem quite the right climate for it. Actually we're off to buy one later this afternoon, and probably a wreath for the porch wall, too (the front door's not suitable for hanging).