Friday, December 15, 2006

Close enough to taste it

The end is in sight; I have one more essay question to grade for the exam in the Civ class (that is, 58 essays), and then it's calculating the grades and turning those in. After that it's time to read the 33 research papers for the upper-division class, which at least ought to be reasonably literate by comparison and are also typed.

I really, really want to get these all graded and finished with by Monday morning, because a friend is coming over from Other Big City in the state for the afternoon and evening and I would like to be able to hang out with her with a clear conscience. But I also have to attend commencement tomorrow, and a luncheon, and do the usual things like grocery-shopping, cooking, talking to my mom, etc. So... we shall see.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope that you got all of your grading in time to enjoy Monday.

I believe that you said a standing rib roast is your favorite Christmas dish. I have one in my freezer from the 1/4 of a cow we bought. How do I make it?

Dr. Moonbeam said...

Ah - I think I use the Joy of Cooking's technique, which has you start with a very hot oven and then turn it down. The only thing about Joy is that I think their temps run a bit hot, so that what they describe as medium is more like medium-well or even well done in my opinion. But as a technique it works well.

Sarah said...

Thank you - I will look into that. Perhaps I'll make it for New Year's dinner.